Sunday, July 14, 2013

Ribbon Bow Hair Ties

I originally made these ribbon hair ties for my two youngest daughters for the Fourth of July.  (I apologize for the awkward photos.  One of my little models was being sort of wriggly!). I found a beautiful tutorial for these at The Ribbon Retreat's blog (there are lots of great ideas for ribbon if you are a ribbon addict like I am).  They were super easy to make and come together fairly quickly.  This project is also a fun way to use up scraps....you end up using a little bit of lots of different ribbons.  
 
 
I altered the directions slightly.  For the hair bow with the dark blue ribbon, I used their recommended lengths (7-8 inches).  When I made the bows for the baby, I used ribbons cut to about 4-5 inches.  Also, I just heat sealed the ends instead of using Fray Check...no waiting for anything to dry. ;).

The girls really enjoyed wearing the ribbons, so I made them a set of pink hair ties for every day.  I can see this continuing for all the holidays--Halloween, Valentine's Day, every color!

3 comments:

  1. SO CUTE!!! Pinning. :-) Visiting from Think Pink Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked them! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. AnonymousJuly 21, 2013

    Thanks for sharing at Party In Polka Dots! You are being featured today!! Come check it out later! www.piggyinpolkadots.com

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete