Monday, January 24, 2011

Rock On!

Kelsey and Maddie have been a bit under the weather. I've had to think of interesting things to do (inside) the house that are fun and (hopefully) teach us a little something. Lucky us, I found these instructions for growing your own rock candy lollipops! The girls had a great time picking out flavors and colors. Kelsey decided to make green mint lollipops, and Maddie made a batch of blue vanilla.

We've let them grow for about a week, and they are getting pretty big. We actually added closer to about five and a half cups of sugar. :P  (I don't think we are going to be doing this activity too many times!)  I'm not sure how long we will end up letting them grow. The girls want to see how big they will actually get, and I think they look kind of cool in the glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment