Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Dinner Idea

This is one of our favorite "easy" dinner ideas.  It is great for evenings that you need a meal quickly with easy prep.  I adapted this dinner from a Real Simple recipe.  If I don't have any ham available or in the freezer, I just substitute Spam.  (I know...not very fancy or gourmet, but delicious.)  The best part is that all the kids like this dinner so they end up eating a whole plate of vegetables with no complaints! 
This particular evening, I served the Spam and cauliflower hash with a side salad made of mixed greens and belala (a bean salad that M and I found at Trader Joe's).  We actually have kale growing in our yard that we planted from seeds last fall, so I threw in a few leaves of that as well.  Yum, yum, and minus the Spam, pretty healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment