Sunday, May 19, 2013

Stella & Dot Inspired Necklace

I really love Stella & Dot jewelry....the bright colors, the creative combinations of different textures, and the use of interesting materials.  So pretty and gorgeous!  I especially like the Aileen necklace.   It's got cheerful colors, a little bit of sparkle, and it is a versatile piece that can be worn with lots of different outfits.  Since I'm always on a budget, I decided to try to make my own using the Stella and Dot version as inspiration.  


The S & D necklace uses faceted semi-precious stones interspersed with gold nuggets.  I went through my stash and made a trip to Michael's to find the beads to use in this piece.  I ended up using a variety of glass beads.  While not an exact match, I tried to look for beads that were similar in shape and color to the Aileen necklace.
 

Originally, I thought that the necklace was made from links using eye pins and gold beads on either side of the colored bead.  When I looked closer, I realized that the necklace was actually made of wire wraps and gold wire.  Since I had already started, I just went ahead with finished with the links.  Putting together the necklace went more quickly this way anyway. ;)

I was happy with the way it turned out.  The necklace is long enough to be worn as a single strand or as a double strand choker.  The colors are springtime and cheery, and the necklace has more sparkle than is showing up in the photos.  Hope that you find some inspiration with my Stella & Dot inspired necklace!



6 comments:

  1. Nice necklace!You cam make and earrings- to be a set ;)
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea--I think I will have to do this!

      Delete
  2. This is lovely! How about a matching bracelet? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do like the idea of having a matching set. :) Thanks for stopping by--

      Delete
  3. SO pretty!!! Long or doubled it looks great. Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays and for the link back :o) Can't wait to see what you bring next week. Emily @ Nap-Time Creations
    oh, and I just posted an amazing round-up from last weeks party… stop on over and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty!!! Thank you for sharing at the hop xo

    ReplyDelete